Thursday 12 January 2012

It's a Dragon

A sketch I did of a dragon after playing Skyrim for a large chunk of my Christmas. I'm pleased with how it came out as it didn't take too long and I only used a small amount of reference material for the scale patterns and eye details. I feel the perspective and scale of the claw is slightly off in comparison to the head, however this is down to my original concept not including the majority of the head features and just having the eye and surrounding area. I changed this as I found the image to be lacking with just the eye and claw and seemed unfinished with the large areas of white. If this had been done in Photoshop or Illustrator it would have been easier to use a shadow effect to make it so the eye was the only visible part of the head, but thought it wouldn't work as effectively if I had shaded in the majority of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment